Coodanup is a South-Eastern suburb of Mandurah
The name “Coodanup” is of unknown origin, although clearly a Noongar word – the WA gazetteer states that in 1836, Lieutenant Henry Bunbury noted “Colanup” was the local name for the mouth of the Serpentine River.
Coodanup is bounded by the Serpentine River to the east, Harvey Estuary to the south, Pinjarra Road to the north and Mandurah Bypass and Wanjeep Street to the west.
Coodanup is a residential suburb built as a series of estates each built around well appointed, pristine community parks, with foreshores along the Serpentine River and Harvey Estuary. It relies on the Mandurah Forum shopping centre on its north-western boundary for commercial services. The suburb contains two community centres, a wildlife sanctuary at the river mouth, Mandurah Catholic College and Coodanup Community College.
Both major residential sections of Coodanup are served by the 597 bus from Mandurah railway station. The service is operated by Transdev WA.